~ Improving your Quality of Life ~
Palliative care is specialized care for individuals who may be faced with chronic, progressive, or life-threatening illnesses. Palliative care focuses on providing individuals with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of the diagnosis.
Candidates for Palliative Care can include:
- Have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and need support with decision making and treatment goals
- Have pain or other symptoms which require additional care
- Have chronic or complex medical condition(s)
- Have difficulty managing medical problems
- Have experienced multiple visits to the emergency room or re-admissions to the hospital in the past six months for the same symptoms
Our Palliative Program:
- Works with your physician to manage pain and other symptoms
- Develops a relationship with you that can be optimized or updated as your condition changes
- Works with you to transition to alternative care
The goal of our program is to improve the quality of life for both the patient and the family.